1. To support compliance with the Public Sector Equality Duty across the Civil Service by helping to identify discrimination against, and harassment of, trans and intersex people, both as employees and as service users.
2. To assist constructively in the reduction and, where possible, elimination of these adverse impacts.
3. To provide confidential and mutual support within a safe environment, and to encourage members to share experiences of working in government departments/agencies and associated departments/offices.
4. To educate and raise awareness and increase knowledge of the issues that affect trans and intersex staff.
5. To provide support, advice and consultation.
6. To raise any concerns with colleagues, managers and stakeholders.